Your photo can be the next Destination Belize Magazine Cover!
As Belize celebrates its 20th anniversary since the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System was inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1996, The Belize Tourism Industry Association (BTIA) and McNab Design Ltd. aim to recognize our natural heritage in the upcoming 2016/2017 Destination Belize magazine.
We are looking for a cover that reflects our country’s timeless beauty. Whether it be an image depicting our rich culture, pristine landscapes or diverse heritage from our sea or on our land, we are seeking your inspiring images depicting Belize.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Follow us on Facebook (@Destination Belize) and on Instagram (@destination.belize) and get 3 friends to do the same
2. Post your entry photo on Facebook or on Instagram to make your submission
3. Tag us on Facebook (@Destination Belize) or Instagram @destination.belize ( + your 3 friends) along with hashtag #destinationbelize and the photo location in the original caption.
4. Email your photo and contact details to: email@example.com
5. Get the most likes and win! 5 entries with the most likes in each category (listed below) will be a part of the 2016/2017 edition of Destination Belize Magazine.
In addition to being featured, the top 5 finalists will then be given the chance to compete for their photo on the cover spot or be commissioned to capture it. Judges are members of the 2016/2017 Destination Belize editorial committee, represented by the BTIA, the BTB, Oceana, and McNab Publishing Ltd. Photos will be judged and awarded under the following themes: In the water, On the land, Belize's Heritage, Romance and Wellbeing.
Top 5 finalists and their photos will be featured at The Destination Belize Mixer – April 25, 2016 – 6:00 PM at the Belize Biltmore Plaza.
All submissions must be in by noon on April 18th, 2016
· All submissions must be an identifiable point of interest in Belize.
· Photos should be in portrait orientation or be able to be manipulated into a 8 ½ by 11 portrait layout.
· Winners must be able to provide original files at a minimum size of 8 ½ by 11 and at 300 Dots Per Inch or higher.
· Individuals may submit up to 3 photos.
· Photos will be disqualified if they have been previously featured on the cover of another publication.
Photographers will retain all rights to submissions -- including ownership if applicable, and will be fully credited in Destination Belize 2016 throughout all applications.
Submissions for the “Capture the Cover” Photo Contest grants Destination Belize and McNab Publishing Ltd. royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to use your photo during the Photo Contest and for the 2016/2017 edition of Destination Belize Magazine.
· Use and display your entry on our website, promotional material and for printed and digital publications.
· Allow reproduction of the image as needed, in its cover layout.
· Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. All entrants will be credited and tagged for photo.